Crumb Cake with Strawberries and Buttermilk
Strawberry Buttermilk Crumb Cake
Published on June 21, 2021
1 hrs 15 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 9-inch square cake pan with enough parchment paper to have overhang on all sides.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl until combined. Cut in butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Measure out 1 cup of the crumb mixture to use for the topping, and set aside.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Mix just until there are no dry clumps of flour remaining. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle 1 cup reserved crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Place pan into the preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs, 60 to 65 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely in pan before carefully lifting out of the pan using the parchment overhang. Cut and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Crumb Cake with Strawberries and Buttermilk on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Crumb Cake with Strawberries and Buttermilk