- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup of warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, milk powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle. Add the yeast mixture and remaining 1 3/4 cups warm water. Mix well with a wooden spoon until dough is the consistency of cake or waffle batter. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm spot until bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and baking soda in a small bowl. Mix into the batter. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the griddle and inside of the crumpet rings with cooking spray. Arrange the rings on the griddle.
- Fill crumpet rings 2/3 of the way with batter. Cook until tops are covered in bubbles and starting to look dry, 5 to 8 minutes. Carefully lift up crumpet rings, flip the crumpets, and cook until second side is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn heat down if crumpet is overly dark or still raw in the middle.
Cook’s Notes:If you don’t have dry milk, substitute 1/2 cup regular milk for 1/2 cup of the water in the recipe.Crumpet rings can be found online; you can substitute egg rings in a pinch, but those are a little smaller. You can also use clean 6-ounce tuna or salmon cans with both ends cut out; be careful, as these will have sharp edges.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Crumpets on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Crumpets