Crumpets with buttermilk

Rate this post
Crumpets with buttermilk

Buttermilk Crumpets

This is an American rendition of a British classic. Serve with your choice of savory or sweet toppings, like fruit spread and butter, double Devonshire cream, clotted cream, etc… I love using crumpets as a base for eggs Benedict.

Published on June 19, 2020

Additional Time:

1 hrs 20 mins

Total Time:

1 hrs 40 mins

Jump to Nutrition Facts

  • ½ cup buttermilk

  • 1 cup milk, divided

  • 2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast

  • 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar

  • 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour

  • ½ teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • cooking spray

  1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat buttermilk and 1/2 cup milk to about 100 degrees F (37 degrees C). Sprinkle yeast and sugar over milk mixture, stirring once. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes.

  2. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and stir to combine, forming a soft dough. Cover and place in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.

  3. Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir mixture into dough until incorporated. Cover and leave for 30 minutes in a warm place.

  4. Heat a cast iron pan or griddle over low heat. Spray metal crumpet rings and place into middle of frying pan. Fill each ring with 1/2 cup of crumpet mixture. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes until bubbles appear and the edges are starting to set. Remove from ring and cook the top for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.

Nutrition Facts (per serving)

254Calories2g Fat48g Carbs9g Protein
None
Nutrition FactsServings Per Recipe4Calories254% Daily Value *Total Fat2g3%Saturated Fat1g5%Cholesterol6mg2%Sodium665mg29%Total Carbohydrate48g18%Dietary Fiber2g7%Total Sugars6gProtein9gVitamin C0mg2%Calcium117mg9%Iron3mg16%Potassium236mg5%
None

You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Crumpets with buttermilk on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.

  Muffins with apples, carrots, and ginger

Related videos about Crumpets with buttermilk


[‘
‘]

Similar Posts