- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter three 9-inch round cake pans and dust lightly with flour.
- Prepare cake: Stir flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and melted butter until just combined. Add sour cream, vanilla and coconut extracts, undrained pineapple and coconut; stir until combined. Divide batter evenly into the three prepared pans.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of a layer comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pans on wire racks about 10 minutes. Turn layers out onto the racks and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Prepare the buttercream frosting: Beat butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy and lighter in color. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon cream; beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. When the sugar is fully incorporated, add vanilla, salt, 1 additional cup of powdered sugar, and 1 more tablespoon cream; beat for about 2 minutes. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar. If the frosting is too stiff, add a few drops of cream and stir again. Repeat until the desired consistency is reached.
- Prepare the filling: Remove 1 cup of the frosting and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add drained, crushed pineapple and stir. Add a few drops of reserved pineapple juice if the mixture is too stiff.
- To assemble: place one cake layer on a cake plate or stand. Spread 1/2 of the filling on top of the first layer. Put the second layer in place and spread the remaining filling on it. Place the third layer on the top and spread the remaining buttercream frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Garnish the top of the cake with flaked coconut, and add drained pineapple tidbits as desired.
Cook’s Note:Frosting may be affected by ambient heat and/or humidity. Do not add all the cream at once, or the frosting may be too thin.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Crushed Pineapple Coconut Cake on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Crushed Pineapple Coconut Cake