Are you looking for a delightful and easy-to-make treat to enjoy for breakfast or brunch? Look no further than Donut Hole Pops! These cute and delicious bite-sized goodies are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party, treating yourself, or surprising your kids with a special breakfast, Donut Hole Pops are sure to be a hit. In this article, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to create this fun and flavorful treat.
About the Recipe
The Donut Hole Pops recipe is provided by the Better Homes & Gardens (BHG) Test Kitchen. With almost 100 years of continuous operation, the BHG Test Kitchen is known for developing and testing reliable recipes that can be enjoyed by readers at home. The team consists of culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Their expertise ensures that you can trust the recipes they share.
To make Donut Hole Pops, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of vanilla-flavored candy coating, chopped
- 24 round paper lollipop sticks
- 24 plain cake doughnut holes
- Assorted decorative sprinkles
Follow these simple steps to create your own Donut Hole Pops:
- In a small microwave-safe dish, heat 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) of the candy coating on medium for 60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring once.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick into the melted candy coating and poke the sticks into the doughnut holes. This step helps the doughnut holes stay securely on the sticks.
- Freeze the doughnut holes with the sticks for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining candy coating in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Dip each doughnut hole, one at a time, into the melted candy coating. Allow the excess coating to drip off, and then sprinkle the doughnut holes with assorted decorative sprinkles.
- Let the coating set before serving, and store the Donut Hole Pops in a covered container.
Here are the nutrition facts for Donut Hole Pops:
- Calories per serving: 168
- Total fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 64mg
- Total carbohydrate: 20g
- Total sugars: 15g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin C: 0.2mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Potassium: 16mg
- Fatty acids, total trans: 1g
- Folate, total: 11.3mcg
Please note that these values are based on the provided recipe and may vary depending on specific ingredients used.
Enjoying Donut Hole Pops
Donut Hole Pops are best enjoyed when the coating has set, allowing for a satisfying crunch when you take a bite. Their small size makes them perfect for sharing or enjoying on your own. Serve them at breakfast, brunch, or any time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat.
I can’t stop eating when I make this! Easy to make and delicious bubble donuts
These delightful treats are not only tasty but also visually appealing. The assorted sprinkles add a pop of color, making them even more enticing to eat. Feel free to get creative with your choice of sprinkles, matching them to the theme of your event or personal preferences.
Donut Hole Pops are a simple and enjoyable treat that brings a touch of fun to your breakfast or brunch table. Thanks to the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, this recipe has been tested and perfected to ensure delicious results. So, gather your ingredients, follow the instructions, and indulge in the delightful combination of cakey doughnut holes and sweet candy coating. Your taste buds will thank you for this delightful morning treat!