Focaccia with Basil
- Whisk together 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add warm water and mix well. If dough is too sticky, mix in another 1/2 cup flour.
- Oil a bowl. Fill another, larger bowl halfway with hot water.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Form into a ball and place in the oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides with oil. Place the oiled bowl in the bowl of hot water. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan. Press and dimple with your fingers to even out the thickness and work it into the corners to fit. Brush lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, and finally basil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until deep golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.
Cook’s Note:Instead of brushing the dough with olive oil, you may also brush with diluted Italian tomato sauce (one 6 ounce can diluted with 2/3 can water). Use 1/2 of the diluted tomato sauce per loaf. Add garlic salt and parmesan cheese as directed.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Focaccia with Basil on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Focaccia with Basil