French Toast with Apples
Apple-Stuffed French Toast
Published on May 28, 2020
1 hrs 40 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
6 medium peeled, cored, and thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
½ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 cup chopped walnuts
12 slices day-old French bread
6 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Set a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Place apples in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain apples and toss with white sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt butter with brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add walnuts and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into the prepared baking pan and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Cover butter mixture with a layer of bread. Spread apple mixture evenly on top.
- Beat eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl. Dip remaining bread slices in egg mixture, then place in a layer over the apple mixture. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread, filling the pan nearly to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and puffed and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cookie sheet. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic French Toast with Apples on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about French Toast with Apples