- Soak cod in cold water to rehydrate it and remove excess salt, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove bones and skin from fish. Flake and shred fish into small pieces; set aside.
- Sift flour, pepper, and baking powder into a large bowl. Add tomatoes, green onions, and flaked cod. Pour in 1/2 cup water; stir until well blended.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of batter into the skillet; fry in hot oil until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
TipsIf you can’t soak the fish overnight, place salt cod in a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Repeat with fresh water four more times. Taste to check salt level; if the fish is still too salty, repeat.
Editor’s Note:We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Fritters with Jamaican Saltfish (Stamp and Go) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Fritters with Jamaican Saltfish (Stamp and Go)