Sugar Cookie Frosting IngredientsYou’ll need just four basic ingredients to make the best frosting for sugar cookies:· Shortening: This sugar cookie frosting starts with shortening instead of butter. Why? Shortening creates frosting that firms up nicely and is unlikely to melt, which means it’s perfect for stacking cookies.
· Confectioners’ sugar: Confectioners’ sugar (a.k.a. powdered sugar or icing sugar) is the next ingredient. Don’t substitute granulated sugar, as it’s not fine enough.
· Milk: A few tablespoons of milk thins the frosting, making it perfectly spreadable.
· Vanilla: A teaspoon of vanilla extract enhances the flavor of the sugar cookie frosting. You can substitute almond extract, if desired.
Food coloring (optional): If you need your frosting to be a specific color, use food coloring to create the perfect hue.
How to Make Frosting For Sugar CookiesIt couldn’t be easier to make this sugar cookie frosting. You’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect:1. Beat the shortening until creamy.
2. Gradually beat in the sugar and milk in small amounts, alternating until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and continue beating until the frosting is stiff and glossy.
4. Stir in the food coloring, if desired.
Cookie Recipes for FrostingNeed a new go-to sugar cookie recipe to pair with your favorite new frosting? Try one of these irresistible ideas:
· Soft Christmas Cookies: If you’re craving soft and tender cutout cookies, this is the recipe for you.
· Easy Sugar Cookies: Spread some of the sugar cookie frosting on these 7-ingredient cookies for a quick, easy, and delicious treat.
How to Use Sugar Cookie FrostingSpread the frosting on the cooled cookies or pipe it onto them using a piping bag. Allow the frosting to set before stacking and storing
How to Store Frosted Sugar CookiesStore the cookies in a single layer in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If space is an issue, stacking is OK — this sugar cookie frosting is unlikely to transfer if you allow it to harden for a few hours. Add a piece of parchment paper between each layer to be safe.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“This is a wonderful frosting,” according to mrsdit. “Soooo perfectly smooth and it makes a lot. I added a tad of almond extract and it was great! Thanks for the keeper!”“I used this frosting on the chewy sugar cookie recipe,” says alyssa78. “Very good! I think this could be a versatile frosting — perhaps on cakes? I definitely see myself frosting and filling chocolate cupcakes with this frosting in the future!”“This was a delicious, simple frosting recipe and exactly what I was looking for to frost my holiday cookies,” raves one Allrecipes community member. “I’ve already had several people ask me for the recipe.”
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Frosting made from sugar cookies on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Frosting made from sugar cookies