Frozen Peach Pie with Double Crust
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Coat a 9-inch pie pan with 1/2 tablespoon melted butter and dust completely with 1 tablespoon flour; shake off the excess.
- Line the bottom and sides of the pie pan with 1 pie crust. Poke the bottom and sides of the dough with a fork to provide venting. Brush the edges of the crust with remaining melted butter.
- Place sliced peaches in a large bowl and pour off excess liquid.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, sugar, pectin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a separate bowl. Pour over the peaches and mix gently.
- Pour into the pie crust, and dot with 4 teaspoons butter. Cover with the second pie crust and fold the edges under. Flute the edges to seal or press the edges with the tines of a fork. Poke the top crust gently with a fork 6 or so times and cut a modest center hole to vent steam. Cover the edges of the pie with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excess browning or burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until crust is brown and the juice begins to bubble through the vents, 40 to 45 minutes more. Cool before serving.
Cook’s Notes:I prefer my pies less sweet and I like them tart. So if you prefer a sweeter pie, add an additional 1/4 cup of sugar and leave out the pectin.You can use all-purpose flour if you don’t have quick-mixing flour.You can use margarine instead of butter.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Frozen Peach Pie with Double Crust on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Frozen Peach Pie with Double Crust