Published on April 3, 2019
1 hrs 15 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour for dusting
6 cups blackberries
1 ¼ cups raw sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon raw sugar, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any drippings.
- Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Work 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture using your hands until about half the butter has been incorporated and the rest is in pea-sized pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the flour-butter mixture; add buttermilk to the well. Stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until dough just comes together.
- Lightly dust a piece of parchment paper with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Turn dough onto the prepared parchment paper. Shape dough into a ball; wrap parchment paper around dough. Store in refrigerator while preparing the blackberry filling.
- Mix blackberries, 1 1/4 cup sugar, and water together in a large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour blackberry mixture into the melted butter and bring to a simmer. Decrease heat to medium-low; cook and stir until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Gently drop large spoonfuls of dough evenly into the blackberry mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow grunt to cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Grunt of Blackberry on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Grunt of Blackberry