- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9×13-inch baking dish. Line with parchment paper that extends up the sides. Turn the parchment paper over so the oiled side is up.
- Place ground lamb and beef in a mixing bowl. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and bread crumbs. Mix until well combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish and press the meat mixture firmly into the dish in an even layer that extends to the edges. Meat mixture should be packed and fairly dense.
- Bake in preheated oven until nicely browned, 40 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cool to room temperature. Transfer to a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cut into 3 pieces crosswise. Slice each piece into 1/8-inch thick slices as you need them.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook slices until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Chef’s Note:To make the pickled red onions, simply slice them about 1/8-inch thick, and cover with red wine vinegar for a few hours, or overnight. They will turn into the beautifully colored garnish for these gyros.I like to serve the fried slices on flat bread that’s been spread with tzatziki. Top with some shredded lettuce and chopped cherry tomatoes. Layer on the meat slices and top with pickled red onions.Get the recipe for Tzatziki Sauce.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Gyros in America on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Gyros in America