Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stew

Rate this post
Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stew

Healthier Chicken Vegetable Stew

Published on June 19, 2020

Total Time:

1 hrs 20 mins

Jump to Nutrition Facts

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

  • 1 onion, diced

  • 2 stalks celery, diced

  • 2 carrots, diced

  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed

  • 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced

  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste

  • 1 ⅓ cups water

  • ½ teaspoon dried marjoram

  • ½ teaspoon dried rosemary

  • ½ teaspoon paprika

  • ¼ teaspoon dried sage

  • 1 bay leaf

  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper

  • salt and ground black pepper to taste

  • 12 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces, plus extra as desired

  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch

  • 1 teaspoon cold water, or as needed

  1. Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, carrots, and garlic in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms to onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are slightly tender, about 5 minutes.

  2. Stir tomato paste and about 1 tablespoon water together in a bowl until tomato paste is thinned; add remaining water, marjoram, rosemary, paprika, sage, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, and pepper and stir.

  3. Stir tomato paste mixture into onion mixture; add chicken. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover stockpot, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.

  4. Stir cornstarch and cold water together in a bowl until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and salt into stew; bring to a boil and cook until stew is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.

Nutrition Facts (per serving)

171Calories8g Fat12g Carbs13g Protein
None
Nutrition FactsServings Per Recipe4Calories171% Daily Value *Total Fat8g11%Saturated Fat1g7%Cholesterol29mg10%Sodium138mg6%Total Carbohydrate12g4%Dietary Fiber3g10%Total Sugars5gProtein13gVitamin C9mg45%Calcium48mg4%Iron1mg6%Potassium439mg9%
None

You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stew on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.

  Traditional Bran Muffins

Related videos about Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stew


[‘
‘]

Similar Posts