Herman Coffee Cake, Moist
Moist Herman Coffee Cake
3 or 4 – 8 or 9 inch cakesJump to Nutrition Facts
1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup white sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
⅔ cup vegetable oil
1 cup raisins or dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon honey (Optional)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup butter
1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
- To Make Starter: Mix 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 cups warm water, 1/4 ounce yeast in a bowl, cover and let stand over night (cover should be loose). Refrigerate and stir daily. On fifth day feed Herman one cup flour, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sugar; stir and refrigerate. Stir daily until 10th day. On 10th day remove 1 cup starter and feed as on fifth day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease four 8 inch pans or three 9 inch pans.
- Mix together 1 cup starter, white sugar, self rising flour, salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, oil, eggs, raisins, 1 cup chopped nuts, honey (optional). Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pans. Top with sugar-nut topping.
- Dot with 1/2 cup butter or margarine and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Remove cakes from oven and pour glaze over still-warm cakes.
- To Make Sugar-Nut Topping: Mix together 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- To Make Glaze: Combine 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons melted margarine, 2 tablespoons milk. Use immediately to glaze cake.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Herman Coffee Cake, Moist on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Herman Coffee Cake, Moist