I made a red velvet cake.

Rate this post
I made a red velvet cake.

Red Velvet Cake I

Updated on August 8, 2022

109109109109

Yield:

1 to 9 – layer inch cake

Jump to Nutrition Facts

  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

  • 2 ounces red food coloring

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • ½ cup shortening

  • 1 ½ cups white sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted

  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon white vinegar

  • 1 cup milk

  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 1 cup butter

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  1. Grease two 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring. Set aside.

  2. Combine the buttermilk, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the cocoa mixture. Beat in the buttermilk mixture alternately with the flour, mixing just until incorporated. Stir together baking soda and vinegar, then gently fold into the cake batter.

  3. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

  4. To Make Icing: In a saucepan, combine the milk and 5 tablespoons flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool completely. Cream together butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy, then stir in the cooled milk and flour mixture, beating until icing reaches spreading consistency.

Nutrition Facts (per serving)

513Calories26g Fat67g Carbs6g Protein
None
Nutrition FactsServings Per Recipe12Calories513% Daily Value *Total Fat26g33%Saturated Fat13g63%Cholesterol74mg25%Sodium503mg22%Total Carbohydrate67g24%Dietary Fiber1g4%Total Sugars44gProtein6gVitamin C0mg1%Calcium63mg5%Iron2mg9%Potassium124mg3%
None

You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic I made a red velvet cake. on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.

  Banana Bread with Browned Butter

Related videos about I made a red velvet cake.


[‘
‘]

Similar Posts