Individual Savory Chicken Pot Pies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease six 12-ounce oven-safe ramekins and place on the baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, onion, 1/3 of the chopped celery, and garlic; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, and bay leaves. Season with pepper, salt, thyme, sage, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for at least 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Use an immersion blender to emulsify the liquid.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter with carrots, peas, and remaining celery. Stir in chicken. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mix egg and water together and set aside for egg wash.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly. Flip one of the prepared ramekins upside-down on the pastry; cut out circles 1/2 inch larger than the ramekin.
- Fill each ramekin 3/4 full with the chicken mixture; do not fill to the top or it will make a mess in your oven. Place cut rounds of puff pastry over the tops and press around the edges to seal. Brush egg wash over each. Be sure to put a few knife slits on top of each pie to allow to vent.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is a golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 10 to 12 minutes before serving.
Cook’s Note:Add flour or cornstarch, a teaspoon at a time, to the simmering mixture if too liquidy.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Individual Savory Chicken Pot Pies on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Individual Savory Chicken Pot Pies