What Is a Tom and Jerry Cocktail?The Tom and Jerry is a classic holiday drink. The incredibly decadent cocktail is made with eggs, butter, spices, milk, and a hefty dose of sugar.The original recipe was a publicity stunt: Writer Pierce Egan debuted a spiked eggnog recipe in the early 1800s to promote the stage adaptation of his book, Tom and Jerry, or Life in London.
Tom and Jerry IngredientsThese are the ingredients you’ll need to make crowd-pleasing Tom and Jerry batter:· Eggs: You’ll need a whopping 12 eggs for this decadent recipe.
· Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the overall flavor.
· Butter: This big-batch Tom and Jerry mix recipe calls for a pound of butter.
· Confectioners’ sugar: Opt for confectioners’ sugar (instead of regular granulated sugar) for the smoothest results.
· Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds complexity, enhancing the overall flavor.
· Spices: This cozy Tom and Jerry mix is spiced with nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.
How to Make Tom and Jerry BatterYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this Tom and Jerry mix:1. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
3. Beat the butter and sugar in a third bowl. Add egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Stir in the egg whites and spices until well-blended.
How to Store Tom and Jerry BatterStore the Tom and Jerry batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. If you go ahead and mix in alcohol (such as rum or brandy), it will keep for a bit longer.
How to Make a Tom and Jerry CocktailFill a mug with hot water and spiced rum or brandy (to taste), warm milk, hot cocoa, or eggnog. Top with one heaping tablespoon of Tom and Jerry batter and stir.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“Great recipe and a seasonal favorite at our house,” raves Kteacher. “We use white rum, brandy, and a splash of creme de cacao or coffee liqueur. For a kid friendly non-alcoholic version, use chocolate, caramel, or mocha coffee flavoring instead of liquor.”“It is Christmas Eve in Wisconsin and I am drinking the single best Tom and Jerry of my life, thanks to this recipe,” says cowgirll. “Change nothing, this recipe is just right.”“We loved this and made it often throughout the holidays,” according to Daniellie. “We made the batter just as the recipe stated, then made drinks with one shot of both whiskey and spiced rum. Yummy! Definitely a new staple in our house!”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Jerry and Tom Batter on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Jerry and Tom Batter