Kai’s Potstickers with Chicken
Kai’s Chicken Potstickers
Published on March 5, 2020
¾ cup canola oil, divided
½ onion, minced
1 cup finely shredded carrots
¾ cup finely shredded cabbage
1 pound ground chicken
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
60 wonton wrappers
¾ cup chicken broth
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and cabbage; saute until slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes. Add chicken, brown sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, five-spice powder, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix until filling is well combined.
- Separate and place wonton wrappers onto your work surface. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Use your finger or a pastry brush to lightly moisten edges with water. Fold one corner over the filling onto the opposite corner to form a triangle. Fold 2 corners over to meet in the center; press together, squeezing out as much air from the center as you can.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Set a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add 6 to 8 potstickers; cook until golden brown, flipping once halfway, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken broth to the skillet. Steam, covered, until potstickers are no longer pink on the inside, about 1 minute. Transfer to the wire rack.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven to keep potstickers warm. Cook remaining potstickers with the remaining oil and chicken broth.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Kai’s Potstickers with Chicken on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Kai’s Potstickers with Chicken