- Make dough: Combine milk, water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups flour, olive oil, and salt; mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead for about 3 minutes, adding in remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed, until dough is very soft but still workable. Form into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in volume, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- While dough rises, prepare cheese blend: Toss together feta, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl. Refrigerate cheese mixture until needed.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a floured surface. Flatten slightly and cut in half. Place 1 dough half on a sheet of parchment paper dusted with flour. Roll out into a rectangle about 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
- Arrange 1/4 of the cheese mixture in 2 rows, 1 to 2 inches from the longest sides. Roll sides up tightly over cheese, forming a canoe shape. Pinch and twist ends to seal. Trim excess parchment and lift dough onto a baking sheet. Shape and stuff remaining dough half. Fill canoes with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Form a well in the center of each khachapuri using a spoon; crack an egg inside each well.
- Return to the oven and bake until eggs are mostly set, 3 to 4 minutes. Place 2 pats butter over each egg, then sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Plate khachapuri; tear off one end and use it to stir butter into egg.
Chef’s Notes:You can substitute 1 1/8 teaspoons fine salt for the kosher salt.You can use 1 pound of any cheese blend, but feta adds a welcome tangy flavor.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) (Georgian Cheese Bread) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Khachapuri (Georgian Cheese Bread) (Georgian Cheese Bread)