Lasagna with Meatless Eggplant
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat 2 baking sheets and a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together 2 eggs and water in a shallow dish. Combine panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in a second shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture and dredge in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere and shaking off excess. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, turning once and rotating baking sheets after 15 minutes, about 30 minutes total.
- Combine ricotta cheese, basil, 1 egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, red pepper, and salt in a bowl to make filling.
- Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish. Layer 1/2 the eggplant slices over sauce and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Top with 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Spread 1/2 the ricotta mixture on top; add 1/2 the yellow and green bell peppers and top with 1/3 the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 the Fontina cheese. Repeat layers, ending with 1 cup marinara sauce. Cover tightly with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil; top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Fontina cheese. Continue baking until sauce is bubbly and cheese melts, about 10 minutes more. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Cook’s Note:You can substitute Gouda for the Fontina cheese.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Lasagna with Meatless Eggplant on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Lasagna with Meatless Eggplant