Lemon Cream Sauce over Vermicelli
Vermicelli with Lemon Cream Sauce
Updated on September 1, 2021
½ (8 ounce) package vermicelli pasta
1 large organic lemon
¾ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon instant vegetable bouillon granules
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, or more to taste
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in vermicelli pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash lemon under hot water and dry. Use a microplane to grate off the zest of half the lemon. Juice the entire lemon.
- Heat cream over low heat in a pot until hot, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest. Add lemon juice, a little at a time, while stirring constantly. Season with vegetable bouillon granules, salt, and pepper and remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix egg yolks with 2 tablespoons hot lemon cream and stir until well combined. Return sauce to the stove and stir in egg yolk mixture. Heat but do not allow to boil otherwise the egg will set. Mix in basil.
- Drain verimicelli and add to sauce. Mix, and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Lemon Cream Sauce over Vermicelli on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Lemon Cream Sauce over Vermicelli