Homemade Mac and Cheese IngredientsThese are the ingredients you’ll need to make the best homemade mac and cheese of your life:· Macaroni: This homemade mac and cheese starts with a box of uncooked macaroni noodles.
· Butter and flour: You’ll need butter and flour to make a roux for the cheese sauce. You’ll also need two tablespoons of butter for the topping.
· Milk: Use whole milk for the richest flavor and texture.
· Cheese: This baked mac and cheese recipe calls for Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
· Seasonings: Salt and pepper goes into the sauce, while paprika is sprinkled over the topping.
· Bread crumbs: Use store-bought dried bread crumbs or make your own at home.
How to Make Mac and CheeseYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make this crowd-pleasing homemade mac and cheese:1. Boil the noodles: Boil the macaroni in salted water until the noodles are al dente. Drain and transfer to a prepared baking dish.
2. Make the cheese sauce: Melt butter, then whisk in the flour. Whisk in the milk, bring to a simmer, and stir in the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper and continue simmering until the sauce is thick. Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir.
3. Make the topping: Melt two tablespoons of butter in a skillet, add the bread crumbs, and toast until the crumbs are brown. Spread the topping over the macaroni and cheese, then sprinkle with paprika.
4. Bake the mac and cheese: Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown.
Best Cheese for Mac and CheeseThis homemade mac and cheese recipe uses a classic mixture of sharp Cheddar and Parmesan. Cheddar is a fantastic base, while Parmesan adds a more complex and salty flavor. Of course, you can adapt this recipe to suit your taste: Gruyere, Monterey Jack, and Gouda are all great options for macaroni and cheese.
How Long to Bake Mac and CheeseAt 350 degrees F, this macaroni and cheese should be perfectly golden brown and gooey after about 30 minutes.
What Goes With Mac and Cheese?This classic macaroni and cheese recipe works well as a side or entrée.If you’re serving it as the main dish, try one of these tasty side dish ideas:· Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli
· Classic Restaurant Caesar Salad
· French BreadIf you’re serving it on the side, meanwhile, consider pairing it with one of these hearty entrées:· Easy Meatloaf
· Crispy and Tender Baked Chicken Thighs
· Juiciest Hamburgers Ever
How to Reheat Mac and CheeseAllow the leftovers to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to four days.Reheat the homemade mac and cheese in the oven or in the microwave. If you’re worried about it drying out during the reheating process, stir in a tablespoon or two of milk.
Can You Freeze Mac and Cheese?Yes, you can freeze homemade mac and cheese if you don’t plan to eat it within four days. Transfer your leftovers to zip-top freezer bags in serving-size portions. Wrap each bag in foil, then freeze flat for up to six months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“This is definitely a favorite in my house,” says Magic. “I use almond milk instead of regular milk and add chicken to make it a macaroni chicken casserole. Also added more Cheddar.”“This recipe is unmistakably baked and homemade,” according to one Allrecipes community member. “Anyone who says they don’t like macaroni and cheese has never tried this recipe.”“So delicious,” raves Amy Lemelin. “I added a teaspoon of crushed garlic and a dash of chili pepper. I typed with crushed saltines and cooked bacon. This is my new favorite recipe!”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Mac and Cheese from scratch on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Mac and Cheese from scratch