- Add the sugar and yeast to the warm water and let proof.
- Stir in 4 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Beat in the salt and then add enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough. Knead until as soft and smooth as a bambino’s behind. Turn in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in size. (I put it in the oven with the light on—perfect rising temperature.)
- Once doubled, punch down and divide into three. Place back in the bowl, cover, and let rise.
- Once doubled again, punch down and form into three fat “footballs.” Grease heavy cookie sheets and sprinkle with corn meal. Place the bread on the sheets, cover with a towel, and let rise.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mist loaves with water and place in the preheated oven. Bake until loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom, 25 to 30 minutes. Mist loaves with water and turn occasionally while they bake.
Editor’s Note:Based on review feedback, we have edited this recipe to include a bake time of 25 to 30 minutes.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Mama D’s Homemade Italian Bread on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Mama D’s Homemade Italian Bread