Manju (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies) (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into creamed butter until smooth; add vanilla extract and beat well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, mixing well after each addition, until dough is smooth.
- Generously flour your hands. Make walnut-size balls from the dough and press into 4-inch circles on a floured surface, making the circles thicker in the center and thinner on the edges. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons koshi an in the center of each dough circle. Gather the edges together and pinch dough around the filling until sealed. Place dough balls, pinched-side down, on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Brush dough balls with evaporated milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Cook’s Note:A battery-powered cookie press with piping tip simplifies the filling of the manju. Simply load the koshi an into the barrel of the press and squeeze it onto the pastry circles.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Manju (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies) (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Manju (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies) (Japanese Sweet Bean Paste Cookies)