- Place skillet on the stove over medium heat and add enough oil to reach 1 inch. Once oil is hot, add cut tortilla pieces without overcrowding the skillet. Fry tortilla pieces in the hot oil, until they crisp up and achieve a golden color, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove tortilla chips with a slotted spoon and set on a plate covered with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt to taste and continue working in batches until all tortilla pieces are fried and done. Reserve frying oil.
- Set a flat griddle or comal over medium-low heat and toast guajillo chiles until fragrant, about 20 seconds per side.
- Combine toasted chiles, tomatoes, and garlic in a saucepan and cover with hot water. Simmer over medium-low heat until guajillos are softened and tomatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine chiles, tomatoes, garlic, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, cumin, pepper, and reserved liquid in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Strain sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, pour in sauce, and simmer until salsa thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved frying oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add all tortilla chips once oil is hot and reheat for 1 minute. Pour in eggs and cook and stir until eggs are beginning to set. Add salsa and gently fold into the egg mixture until everything is covered in salsa and the eggs are cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately topped with green onions, cilantro, avocado, and cheese.
Cook’s Note:If you are short of time, you can use 2 cups store-bought salsa of your choice instead of making the salsa from scratch.
Editor’s Note:We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Migas for Breakfast on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Migas for Breakfast