- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Make the cookies: Beat sugar, shortening, and egg yolks together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; add to shortening mixture in batches, alternating with milk, beating briefly after each addition until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make the filling: Beat confectioners’ sugar, shortening, reserved egg whites, and salt together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Choose 2 cookies of the same size; spread a thick layer of filling on the flat side of one cookie; top with remaining cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
Editor’s Note:This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the immunocompromised do not consume raw egg.If you don’t want to use raw egg white in the filling, leave it out. Substitute 1 whole egg for the 2 egg yolks in the cookie recipe so you don’t end up with leftover whites.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Mini Whoopie Pies on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Mini Whoopie Pies