Cheesy Asparagus Caper Muffins
Published on June 8, 2018
¾ cup chopped fresh asparagus
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon dried marjoram
¾ teaspoon ground thyme
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
½ cup finely chopped green onions
3 tablespoons drained capers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Place asparagus in a bowl with a small amount of water; cover and cook in microwave on High, 30 seconds at a time, just until tender. Drain asparagus; set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, marjoram, thyme, baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Beat egg in a separate bowl; beat in buttermilk, melted butter, and olive oil. Stir Cheddar cheese, green onions, capers, and asparagus into buttermilk mixture.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Muffins with Asparagus and Capers on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Muffins with Asparagus and Capers