Muffins with Lemony Banana Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and grease a 12-cup mini muffin pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, coconut, and lemon zest in a bowl for crumb topping. Rub in butter until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to milk and let sit until curdled, about 5 minutes.
- Cream white sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Mix banana and egg together in another bowl and add lemon zest, remaining lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add the banana mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and stir well. Add the curdled milk and stir lightly into the mixture.
- Combine self-rising flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour in the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls into the prepared muffin pan, filling about 1/8 inch higher than the cups, ensuring nice, top-heavy muffins. Sprinkle with the crumb topping, lightly pressing it into the batter so it doesn’t fall off and melt during cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly in the pan before removing to a wire rack.
Cook’s Notes:You can use 1/2 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extracts instead of all vanilla extract.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Muffins with Lemony Banana Crumble on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Muffins with Lemony Banana Crumble