Are you looking for a unique and adorable dessert to impress your friends at the next potluck? Look no further than Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats! This delightful dessert features layers of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, creating a visually appealing and delicious treat. Developed by the expert culinary specialists at the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, this recipe is a surefire hit for any occasion.
A Legacy of Culinary Excellence
The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been a trusted source of practical and reliable recipes for nearly a century. With a team of culinary specialists, food stylists, nutritionists, and experts in food science, they are dedicated to creating recipes that readers can enjoy in the comfort of their own homes. Each year, the Test Kitchen team tests over 2,500 recipes, captures more than 2,500 food images, and produces over 1,000 food videos in their state-of-the-art facility.
3-Ingredient Mango Delight : The Easiest \u0026 Most Delicious Dessert Recipe for Christmas \u0026 Holidays!
Preparation Time: * 45 minutes
* Stand Time: * 1 hour
* Total Time: * 1 hour 45 minutes
* Servings: * 24
* Yield: 24 bars
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package of tiny marshmallows
- 2 (13-ounce) jars of marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 cups crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 5 cups chocolate-flavor crisp rice cereal
- 2 ½ cups strawberry marshmallows (5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly
- 4-6 drops red food coloring
- Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges. Lightly butter the foil.
- For the vanilla layer, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven over low heat. Add 3 cups of tiny marshmallows and cook until melted. Stir in 2 cups of marshmallow creme and the vanilla. Remove from heat and gently stir in 5 cups of plain cereal. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press firmly using buttered waxed paper.
- For the chocolate layer, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same Dutch oven over low heat. Add the remaining tiny marshmallows and cook until melted. Stir in 2 cups of marshmallow creme and the chocolate pieces. Remove from heat and gently stir in the chocolate cereal. Spoon the mixture onto the vanilla layer and press firmly.
- For the strawberry layer, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same Dutch oven over low heat. Add the strawberry marshmallows and jelly, and cook until melted. Stir in the remaining marshmallow creme and food coloring. Remove from heat and gently stir in the remaining 5 cups of plain cereal. Spoon the mixture onto the chocolate layer and press firmly.
- Weight the cookies down so that the layers press together. Let them stand for at least 1 hour.
- Using the foil liner, lift the cookies out of the pan. Cut into bars using a buttered knife.
To store the Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats, wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Each serving of Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats contains approximately:
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 228mg
Note: The nutritional values provided are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes.
Neapolitan Marshmallow Treats are a fun and delicious twist on the classic marshmallow treats. With layers of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, they are sure to be a hit at any gathering or potluck. Created by the talented team at the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, this recipe combines visual appeal with delightful flavors. So, why not give it a try and surprise everyone with these adorable and tasty treats!