Looking for a simple and delightful dessert recipe that requires no baking? Look no further! These no-bake truffle treats are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a bake sale, a party, or simply satisfying your sweet tooth. With various flavor variations to choose from, you’re bound to find one that suits your taste buds. Get ready to indulge in the goodness of these delectable truffles!
About the Recipe
This no-bake truffle recipe has been developed and tested by the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, a trusted name in the culinary world for nearly 100 years. The Test Kitchen team consists of culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Their dedication to creating practical and reliable recipes ensures that you can enjoy these truffle treats with confidence.
Total Time: * 35 mins
* Yield: 40 cookies
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup light-color corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Small candies for decoration
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, almonds, cherries, corn syrup, almond liqueur, and melted butter.
- If the mixture is sticky, cover it and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until it becomes easier to handle.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Dip each ball into the melted white chocolate, allowing the excess to drip back into the pan.
- Place the coated balls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Decorate the truffles as desired with small candies.
- Allow the truffles to stand until the white chocolate coating is set.
- Store the truffles, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pecan Shortbread Truffles
- Replace the vanilla wafers with 2 cups of finely crushed pecan shortbread cookies.
- Follow the same instructions as for the Almond-Cherry Truffles, but decorate with candies and marbled melted white and semisweet chocolate.
- Replace the vanilla wafers with 2 cups of finely crushed peanut butter cookies.
- Follow the same instructions as for the Almond-Cherry Truffles, but dip the balls in melted milk chocolate and sprinkle with additional ground or finely chopped peanuts.
Indulgent Chocolate Truffles
- Replace the vanilla wafers with 2 cups of finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling.
- Follow the same instructions as for the Almond-Cherry Truffles, but dip the balls in melted semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. Optionally, drizzle with melted white chocolate and decorate with candies.
Experiment with these flavor variations to discover your favorite truffle treat!
These no-bake truffle treats are not only delicious but also incredibly versatile. They can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them. Whether you’re planning a party, attending a bake sale, or craving a sweet indulgence, these truffles are sure to delight your taste buds and impress your guests.
Biscoff Truffles | Easy No Bake Dessert Bites – Only Few Ingredients
So, why wait? Gather the ingredients, get creative with your favorite flavors, and enjoy these delightful no-bake truffle treats. You’ll be amazed at how such simple ingredients can create such a decadent and satisfying dessert experience.