- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a pot. Stir salt and sugar into boiling water until dissolved; remove from heat and add cinnamon stick pieces, juniper berries, cloves, allspice berries, mustard seeds, peppercorns, ginger, and crumbled bay leaves.
- Let brine cool to room temperature, at least 1 hour.
- Place brisket in a large ceramic or glass dish deep enough to keep brisket submerged in brine. Pour brine over brisket. Place something atop the brisket to weigh it down and keep it submerged in liquid. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap.
- Brine brisket in refrigerator, checking brine level every day, for 7 to 10 days.
- Remove brisket from brine and rinse under cool running water. Discard brine.
- Place brisket in a large slow cooker crock; add enough cool water to cover brisket by several inches and season with sea salt.
- Cook on High for 2 hours; add celery root, red potatoes, rutabagas, carrots, parsnips, and onions. Cooking on Low until the vegetables are softened and the brisket is hot, and grey in the center, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove brisket to a cutting board and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Arrange cabbage wedges into the slow cooker; continue cooking until all vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice corned beef into thin slices and serve with the vegetables.
Cook’s Notes:Cut of meat is important. The cut of meat should be a flat-cut brisket, a special-order item at most butcher shops. You may prefer the nutritional benefits of grass-fed beef, which takes extra patience to find sources but is well worth the hunt. When you find a source, order two! This makes a wonderful corned beef.
Editor’s Note:The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic O’Kee’s Scratch-Made Gray Corned Beef Brisket on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about O’Kee’s Scratch-Made Gray Corned Beef Brisket