Chocolate-Dipped Orange Shortbread Cookies
Published on June 19, 2020
1 hrs 50 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons orange zest, divided
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- Combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter and beat until mixture resembles crumbs and starts to stick together. Work until dough sticks together and forms a smooth ball that is not sticky, adding milk if mixture is too dry. Press into a disk shape and wrap in wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a clean countertop. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until bottoms are lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Line the countertop with wax paper. Dip tops of cookies into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place cookies on the wax paper and immediately sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon orange zest. Let dry.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Orange Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Orange Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies