- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a deep 10-inch round cake pan.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 1 to 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined. Mix in cooled chocolate. Beat in eggs and egg yolks, one at a time. Mix in 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together in a different bowl. Add flour mixture to batter in 3 additions, mixing well after each addition. Beat in water. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 19 minutes. Immediately invert onto a cooling rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whip shortening with an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in cream until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Spread frosting over the top and sides of the cooled cake. Cut 4 cookies into quarters using a sharp knife. Arrange quartered cookies around the top edge of the cake. Crush remaining 4 cookies; press crumbs against the sides of the cake.
Cook’s Note:I grease my cake pan by swiping it with a thin layer of butter, then putting a little flour into the pan and working the flour all around the bottom and the sides. Works wonders and I have always had a perfect cake come out of the pan! No more cakes ripping in the pan!
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Oreo® Chocolate Cake on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Oreo® Chocolate Cake