Pasta Sauce with Spicy Roasted Tomatoes and Ricotta
Spicy Roasted Tomato and Ricotta Pasta Sauce
Published on June 19, 2020
2 hrs 35 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
2 ½ pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (Optional)
19 ounces ground hot Italian sausage
½ sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss tomatoes, 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Place tomatoes cut-side up in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft and juicy, about 2 hours. Remove from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, Italian seasoning, rosemary, basil, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes evenly over the tomatoes. Drizzle tops of tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Return baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion softens, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer roasted tomatoes and any juices to a food processor. Process to desired consistency. Add ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and pulse to combine. Pour tomato sauce into a bowl; mix in sausage-onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pasta Sauce with Spicy Roasted Tomatoes and Ricotta on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pasta Sauce with Spicy Roasted Tomatoes and Ricotta