- Make dipping sauce: Combine garlic, smoked paprika, and salt in a mortar and pestle or food processor; process until smooth. Mix in mayonnaise, sherry vinegar, tomato paste, chipotle chile powder, and cayenne pepper until combined. Cover and refrigerate sauce.
- Make spice blend: Mix together salt, black pepper, paprika, and chipotle chile powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make potatoes: Pour water into a large saucepan. Stir salt, smoked paprika, cumin, and bay leaves into water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir potatoes into seasoned water, bring to a boil, and simmer until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked, 4 to 5 minutes. The tip of a paring knife should easily insert into the center of a potato cube. Drain potatoes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add cooled potato cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet lined with paper towels to cool slightly. Toss in a bowl with spice blend and serve with dipping sauce.
Editor’s Note:The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the salt used in the cooking liquid and spice mix. The actual amount of the salt consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Patatas Bravas by Chef John on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Patatas Bravas by Chef John