- Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Trim off up to 1 inch of the woody bottom parts of the asparagus. Cut asparagus in half if necessary to fit your pot.
- Transfer asparagus to the boiling water. Boil until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a bowl of very cold water using a slotted spoon. Let asparagus cool completely.
- Grate Pecorino Romano cheese finely using a rasp grater.
- Drain asparagus well and slice into very small pieces. Place in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix in 1 egg to start. Add the second egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop some of the asparagus mixture into the hot oil; flatten with a fork. Cook until bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip over and brown the other side, about 4 minutes more.
Chef’s Notes:You can substitute the Pecorino Romano cheese with Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1 loosely filled cup after grating on a Microplane(R)).My lemon aioli was simply mayonnaise spiked with raw garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of cayenne. If you need measurements, use my Tarragon Aioli recipe but omit the tarragon.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Patties made with fresh asparagus on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Patties made with fresh asparagus