If you’re looking for a delightful treat that combines the nostalgic flavors of peanut butter and jelly in a convenient bar form, look no further than Peanut Butter Jammin’ Bars. This recipe takes the beloved childhood sandwich and transforms it into a scrumptious and easy-to-make snack that both kids and adults will love. With the perfect blend of peanut butter, oatmeal, and your favorite jam, these bars are a quick and delicious grab-and-go option for any time of the day.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Bars | Minimalist Baker Recipes
The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen: Crafting Delicious Recipes for Nearly a Century
The Peanut Butter Jammin’ Bars recipe comes from the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen, which has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years. The Test Kitchen is dedicated to developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. With a team consisting of culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts, the Test Kitchen ensures that every recipe meets the highest standards.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Bake Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Servings: 32 bars
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12-ounce jar seedless blackberry, raspberry, or strawberry jam
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Stir in the oats and as much flour as you can with the mixer. Add any remaining flour and mix until the dough becomes crumbly.
- Set aside 2 cups of the oat mixture and press the remaining mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the jam until smooth. Spread the jam evenly over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture and the chocolate-covered peanuts evenly over the jam layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the jam is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, use the foil to lift the uncut bars out of the pan and transfer them to a cutting board.
- Cut the bars into your desired size and shape.
To store the Peanut Butter Jammin’ Bars, place them in a single layer in an airtight container and cover. They can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can also freeze them for up to 1 month.
Here is the nutrition information per serving:
- Calories: 213
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 32g
- Total Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin C: 1.2mg
- Calcium: 20.2mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Potassium: 84mg
- Folate, total: 20.2mcg
Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used.
Peanut Butter Jammin’ Bars are a delightful twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. With their irresistible combination of flavors and convenient bar form, they make for a perfect snack or treat. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast bite, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a lunchbox surprise, these bars are sure to satisfy your cravings. Enjoy the nostalgic taste of childhood with this delicious recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen!