- Season each side of the chuck roast with 1 teaspoon seasoning salt.
- Set slow cooker on Low and spread out onion slices in a single layer on the bottom of the pot. Reserve a few slices for the top of the roast.
- Heat cooking oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers. Brown seasoned roast in the hot oil, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on top of the onion slices, and pour undiluted consomme and Worcestershire sauce over the top. Cover with reserved onion slices.
- Cover and cook on Low until the beef is very tender, 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat and discard fat and membranes. Return shredded meat to the slow cooker and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Open buns and place in the skillet, cut sides down. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat for remaining buns, adding additional butter, if desired.
- Place a piece of cheese on each bun half. Add 1/3 cup shredded beef, squeezing out most of the liquid, and cooked onions, as desired. Cover with the top buns. Serve warm.
Cook’s Notes:I made my own seasoning salt using the Papa’s Seasoning Salt recipe from this site.Instead of provolone slices, you can spread Cheez Whiz on each bun half, and assemble sliders as described.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Philly-Style Shredded Beef Sliders in the Slow Cooker on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Philly-Style Shredded Beef Sliders in the Slow Cooker