- Combine zucchini and onions in a large bowl; cover with water and stir in salt until dissolved. Let vegetables soak for at least 2 hours, then drain and transfer to a large pot.
- Bring sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, celery seed, turmeric, and yellow mustard to a boil in a saucepan. Pour mixture over zucchini and onions and let stand for at least 2 more hours.
- Place the pot with vegetables, spices, and pickling liquid on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, inspect three 1-quart jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water for at least 5 minutes or until vegetables are ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Pack vegetables into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top with pickling liquid. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and let rest, several inches apart, for 24 hours. Press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pickling liquid ingredients. The actual amount of pickling liquid consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pickled Zucchini on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pickled Zucchini