Apple Almond Pie
Published on June 18, 2020
1 hrs 15 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
1 (15 ounce) box dough for a 9-inch double crust pie
6 cups peeled and sliced apples
½ cup crushed almonds
1 ¼ cups white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons honey
1 large egg yolk
½ teaspoon water
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Toss apples, almonds, white sugar, brown sugar, and flour together in a bowl until apples and almonds are completely coated.
- Mix honey, egg yolk, water, and almond extract together in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave honey mixture, stirring every 15 seconds, until mixture is melted and smooth, 30 to 45 seconds. Pour honey mixture over apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer apple mixture to the prepared pie crust; sprinkle filling with cinnamon. Top pie with the remaining pie crust and pinch edges together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pie with Apples and Almonds on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pie with Apples and Almonds