Key Lime Pie IngredientsThese are the five ingredients you’ll need to make this top-rated Key lime pie recipe:· Sweetened condensed milk: This sweet, smooth, and creamy Key lime pie starts with a can of sweetened condensed milk.
· Key lime juice: Key lime juice comes from the Florida Keys. Key limes are more acidic than regular limes, so they pack a flavorful punch.
· Sour cream: Sour cream contributes to the rich texture and lends subtly tangy flavor.
· Lime zest: A tablespoon of lime zest enhances the bold citrusy flavor.
· Graham cracker crust: Use a store-bought or homemade graham cracker crust.
How to Make Key Lime PieMaking Key lime pie at home couldn’t be easier. You’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below – but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect:1. Make the filling: Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust.
2. Bake the pie: Bake the pie in a preheated oven until tiny bubbles appear and pop on the surface of the pie.
3. Cool the pie: Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack, then transfer it to the refrigerator to finish setting. Top with whipped cream and lime wedges, if desired.
How to Store Key Lime PieCover the cooled Key lime pie tightly with storage wrap or foil. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Serve chilled.
Can You Freeze Key Lime Pie?Yes! You can freeze Key lime pie for up to three months (but make sure you don’t add whipped cream or toppings until after it’s thawed). If you plan to freeze the pie, bake it in a foil pan. Wrap the cooled pie in at least one layer of storage wrap, then follow it up with at least one layer of foil. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“I love this recipe, it’s fabulous,” says Stephanie White. “I also experimented and used lemon in place of the lime (just to find a use for my over abundance of lemons) and it turned out great.”“This Key lime pie is delicious,” raves Debidoooo. “I make a homemade graham cracker crust and add one-third cup of toasted shredded coconut to the crust. Everyone raves about this pie. Try it…..you won’t be disappointed.”“This recipe was excellent,” raves one Allrecipes community member. “The only change I made was to substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream because I didn’t have any. Everyone enjoyed it.”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pie with Key Lime on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pie with Key Lime