Pie with Watermelon Harvest
Watermelon Harvest Pie
3 cups chopped watermelon rind
1 ⅓ cups dried cranberries
¾ cup chopped walnuts
⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
½ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 teaspoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place watermelon rind in a saucepan and cover with water and bring this to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the rind becomes tender and translucent. Remove from heat and drain.
- Place cooked watermelon rind in a large bowl and add the cranberries, walnuts and vinegar. Combine the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, flour, and the salt. Add this to the rind mixture and stir well.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom pastry, trim the pastry even with the edge. Add the filling. Roll out the remaining pastry and make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake at 425 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, orange rind and orange juice. Stir to combine, and spoon over hot pie. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pie with Watermelon Harvest on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pie with Watermelon Harvest