Fruit-Stuffed Pork Loin
Published on March 5, 2020
1 stuffed pork loin roastJump to Nutrition Facts
¾ cup chopped pitted prunes
¾ cup chopped dried apricots
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast, butterflied
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon mustard powder
½ cup water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix prunes, apricots, ginger, orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and cinnamon in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Open pork roast and spoon stuffing down the center; fold meat over stuffing and tie securely in several places with kitchen twine. Set roast onto a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon cumin, and mustard powder into a paste; spread brown sugar mixture over the roast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into center of stuffing reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer roast to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil while you make gravy.
- Skim fat from roasting pan and transfer defatted drippings into a small saucepan. Pour 1/2 cup water into roasting pan and scrape up and dissolve any browned bits of food into water; pour into saucepan with pan juices. Bring pan juices to a boil over medium heat. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and whisk cornstarch mixture into pan juices, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Strain gravy into a gravy boat. Serve gravy with roast.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pork Loin with Fruit Stuffing on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pork Loin with Fruit Stuffing