- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Use a toothpick to poke a few holes into each potato.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until fully cooked, about 1 hour. Cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble and set aside.
- Cut a thin slice from one side of each baked potato; carefully scoop out flesh and transfer to a large bowl. Discard skins.
- Mix 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, butter, chives, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper into potatoes until well combined. Spread potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
dotdash meredith food studios
Editor’s Note:This recipe can be made a day ahead of time. Prepare through Step 6. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate. To reheat, bake casserole, still covered with foil, in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes more.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Potato Bacon Casserole Baked Twice on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Potato Bacon Casserole Baked Twice