Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hrs 30 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
4 large baking potatoes
½ pound bacon
4 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Use a fork to pierce the potato skins.
- Bake the potatoes unwrapped for about 1 hour, or until soft, in the preheated oven.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat melt the butter in a large saucepan. Combine onion, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic powder, pepper, chives and salt. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft.
- Slice open the baked potatoes and, keeping the skins intact, scoop the insides into a medium bowl. Transfer the onion mixture to the bowl. Mix in the sour cream. Pour in 1/2 of the cheese and continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Using a large spoon, fill the potato skins with the mixture. Top with bread crumbs, the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Return the potatoes to the preheated oven and continue baking for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the filling is slightly brown.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Potatoes Baked Twice on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Potatoes Baked Twice