Pound Cake with Cinnamon and Amaretto
Cinnamon and Amaretto Pound Cake
Published on June 19, 2020
1 10-inch Bundt(R) cakeJump to Nutrition Facts
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 eggs, room temperature
⅔ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
⅓ cup amaretto liqueur
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream, or more as needed
2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, or to taste (Optional)
1 pinch ground cinnamon (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mix in sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix in half the flour mixture on low speed until just combined. Pour in amaretto and mix gently. Add in remaining flour mixture; blend until just combined. Batter will be somewhat thick; pour evenly into prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 40 minutes.
- To make glaze: Whisk powdered sugar, heavy cream, amaretto, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt together until smooth. Add more heavy cream if glaze is too thick. Pour glaze over cooled cake; top with sliced almonds and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pound Cake with Cinnamon and Amaretto on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pound Cake with Cinnamon and Amaretto