- Place pinto beans in a large stock pot with water to cover; let soak, 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Cover the beans with about 3 inches water and cook over medium-low heat until tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds; cook and stir until light brown and popping, about 6 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour pumpkin seeds and oil into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add 1/2 the tomatillos, serrano peppers, arugula, spinach, lettuce, parsley, and cilantro into the blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining tomatillos, serrano peppers, arugula, spinach, lettuce, parsley, and cilantro.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a deep pot. Add the tomatillo sauce carefully. Simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Pour pinto beans, vegetable stock, and hominy into the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Let simmer, uncovered, until flavors are thoroughly blended, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook’s Notes:You can use dried cranberry beans in place of the pinto beans if desired.Substitute serrano chiles with any mild chile you prefer.You may need to blend the sauce in more than 2 batches depending on the size of your blender or food processor.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Pozole Verde Vegetarian (Hominy Soup) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Pozole Verde Vegetarian (Hominy Soup)