- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare a bain-marie, or water bath, by filling a 9-inch heat-proof container with water.
- Melt sugar in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted, 7 to 10 minutes; be careful to keep it from burning. Pour sugar into a flan mold, coating the sides to ensure that the egg/milk mixture in the next step will not touch the container.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a bowl. Fill the empty can with milk and add to the bowl; stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Blend well. Fold mixture with a spatula or tap against the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Pour milk mixture into the slightly cooled flan mold. Put the lid on and place inside the water bath; don’t let the water go over the rim.
- Bake the quesillo in the bain-marie in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Pry lid open with a knife carefully; continue baking until set, about 15 minutes more.
- Let quesillo cool to room temperature, at least 25 minutes; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight. Slide a knife around the edges of the mold to loosen and invert onto a plate.
Cook’s Note:For this recipe you will need a round tin with a tight lid also called a “flan mold.” If you’re in a pinch you can use a cookie tin with success.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Quesillo (Venezuelan Flan) (Venezuelan Flan) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Quesillo (Venezuelan Flan) (Venezuelan Flan)