Rice Krispies® Trees for Christmas
- Mix crispy rice cereal, cranberries, and apricots together in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine and set aside.
- Combine orange zest and juice, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook until butter is melted and stir to combine. Add marshmallows all at once; cook, stirring constantly, until fully melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Quickly pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to combine, making sure cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Lightly butter or oil clean hands and a 1/3 cup measure. Scoop out 1/3 cup of the cereal mixture and press firmly into a tree shape. Flatten the bottom of the tree and set aside. Continue making trees, re-buttering your hands as needed, until all the mixture is used up. Allow trees to cool and harden for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cut whole apricots into star shapes, using a sharp paring knife or small cookie cutter. Set the scraps aside for extra decoration. Chop dried cranberries for extra decoration.
- Combine white chocolate and butter in a small heat-proof bowl. Microwave until chocolate is melted, about 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Pour white chocolate into a piping bag.
- Pipe white chocolate into decorative patterns all over the trees, covering the very tops to adhere the apricot stars. Use remaining white chocolate to adhere extra chopped apricots and cranberries as desired. Reheat chocolate in the microwave for 10 seconds if it begins to harden. Allow chocolate to fully harden on the trees before serving.
Cook’s Notes:You can use whatever kind of citrus juice and zest you like–lime would be another good choice.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Rice Krispies® Trees for Christmas on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Rice Krispies® Trees for Christmas