- Place chicken stock in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until butter starts to bubble. Add asparagus and morel mushrooms; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate with any accumulated juices.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in the same saucepan. Add shallot; cook and stir until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in arborio rice and cook until it starts to toast, about 1 minute. Pour in wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in thyme.
- Pour 1/4 cup simmering stock over rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until stock is absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock until rice is tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Stir in asparagus and mushrooms with their juices and continue cooking until flavors combine, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove rice from heat. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with balsamic vinegar and additional olive oil before serving.
Cook’s Notes:If using dried morel mushrooms, reserve the soaking liquid from rehydrating the morels and add to chicken stock. Reduce if needed; the ratio of arborio rice to stock should always be 1 to 3.5.High-quality balsamic vinegars (aged 18 years or more) have a rich and deep flavor that is nothing like the younger vinegars most often found on grocery store shelves. I recommend omitting the balsamic vinegar if you do not have access to a high-quality one.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Risotto with Asparagus and Morels on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Risotto with Asparagus and Morels